Wednesday, November 30, 2005

SOUNDBYTES CUSTOMER SERVICE

A consumer review on Soundbytes......And the Crappiest Customer Service Award Goes to...SOUNDBYTES.
Recently I placed an order online from Soundbytes , a SUPPLIER FOR HEARING AID SUPPLIES. They charged my debit card the 40 bucks, shipped out my stuff. All was fine. A few days later, they charged my debit card AGAIN, and shipped out the same merchandise again. So I have two shipments, two charges. I called and the lady Ispoke to that time was very nice. She looked up the account, said it was her mistake for the second charge, and since I was a first time customer, if I'd send back the second shipment, she'd credit me for BOTH shipments, and hoped I'd be a return customer. I thought this was very nice. So I boxed up their stuff, drove to the post office and shipped their duplicate stuff, and waited.
Two weeks later, I get one $40 buck refund. Okay, so where's the rest of it? I email them, and receive an email back that said you got your one refund on such a such date....Yes, I realize that you stupid people, but that's not what I asked you about in the email!
So I write again. I explain everything AGAIN in detail, including what the girl promised to do on the phone, what was actually done, etc. I get back another email saying we're looking over your "case" and will get back to you tomorrow.
So this lady from SOUNDBYTES just called (Her name was PAM) and she said well we can't give you back both charges, that would be like giving you back FREE merchandise. I said yes, but that wasn't my idea. It was the girl I spoke to from YOUR company that offered that. So PAM says, "Well why should we give you FREE merchandise? I replied, "Because you tied up the money from my checking account for TWO weeks, because I had to box up this crap and take it down to the post office, because this was YOUR mistake, and because YOUR customer service girl OFFERED and assured me that is what she would do! To which PAM from SOUNDBYTES said, "Well what if we give you back 10% on your order, which is $4, will you be happy then, Ma'ammmmm?"
I told her not to bother. I hung up on her mangy butt. She's lost a customer, plus...she gets all this FREE ADVERTISING in my BLOG which is LINKED TO GOOGLE and about ten other SEARCH ENGINES, which it will show up on in a week or so, and I hope anyone out there reading this who is looking for a supplier for HEARING AID BATTERIES, HEARING PROTECTION, VISUAL ALERTING SYSTEMS, TTY AND TDD, VIDEOS ON DEAFNESS AND HEARING LOSS, ASL, AMPLIFIED TELEPHONES, OR OTHER ACCESSORIES, will think very carefully before giving out your CREDIT card information to SOUNDBYTES with such CRAPPY customer service.
There, I feel better.

No comments: