Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Never Know What to Call These Things

Before my mom died, she ordered some flowers on QVC. She was so excited over them and had been watching for them every day. After she died, they were delivered and the females in the family divided them out. I put mine in a little planter on the porch, and they have bloomed. Mama would have enjoyed these.



We are buying Mama's car. It has been an ordeal trying to get it in our name, and we are not through yet. But it's a very nice car. In it were her sunglasses, some Time Life CD's she bought, and a marble of all things! I put the marble in my jewelry box, and have been wearing her sunglasses.
Mother's Day is going to be tough.
My sister is teaching me quilting, which presents a new dilemma. Where in this home do I store all this stuff! I don't have room for a separate sewing space. I usually just put my sewing machine on the kitchen table and then put it away when I'm done. But I have fabric, notions, etc that need a home. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You could setup a sewing corner in your room or the guestroom. Find a desk with drawers at Goodwill to put your sewing machine on top of and store your thread and scissors and things inside. Put some shelves (IKEA) on the wall above the desk to store even more things in bins or baskets or jars. Get a tall skinny bookshelf and bins/baskets, or a set of plastic drawers for storing fabric. You could hang a mini ironing board on the wall and fold it up. You could also store fabric under the bed in plastic containers.

http://pinterest.com/pin/167055467397529107/

http://pinterest.com/pin/340655159284347579/

http://pinterest.com/pin/196891814930697688/