Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Doomsday

















Goodbye my friends....I'm writing my farewell, because my husband is going to kill me. Today I bought a sewing machine, a very fancy sewing machine, on credit, without asking him about it first. I tried to think of a way to hide it when it gets here, and hide the bills every month for the next year, but figured I'll get busted sooner or later. So I'm going to tell him. Tonight. AFTER dinner. Which I will cook special for him, to butter him up.
Oh lord. I'm as good as dead. I'll let you know how it goes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Credit?!

Forest Lady said...

Update: He wasn't mad. He didn't even look surprised. He just said ok, and went in the kitchen to eat dinner.

Anonymous said...

So, does that mean you can buy more things on credit? Maybe you should keep going until you get a rise out of him.

Us women were put on earth to irritate men. I say keep going until you do what you were put here for!

Love the new sewing machine by the way. I got a new one last year. Didn't have to buy it on credit...it was so darned cheap I could afford to pay cash.

If I had a husband to irritate I could have a fancy one too!

Forest Lady said...

No, Cathy, I'm not going to push my luck. I think I'd better leave well enough alone. Yeah, Amy, they had a 90 day same as cash plan, so I thought that would spread it out a little.

Anonymous said...

Is he passive-aggressive like me? Because I would have said, "What! Okay." And then the next time you tried to buy clothes say, "well why don't you just make them on your new fancy sewing machine?"

Anonymous said...

Oh, those 90 days same as cash plans are dangerous! A local furniture was doing no payment or interest for a year last Saturday. It took all I had to not fly down there and get that new sofa I want for my office/studio.

Amy, You crack my up. My ex used to say, "Whatever you want," but, he was thinking, "you won't be getting sex for sex months!"

I like your style of passive/aggressive much better.