Monday, February 27, 2006

Watch Out for Taz


I'm writing down my intention today, so all of you can ride my butt if I don't follow through! I want to get my house organized this week. For one thing, I haven't skipped an anti-depressant pill now for over two weeks and feel better than I've felt in so long! (Taking one every three days just doesn't work, I've found out.ha.)
I have more energy, so figured I should take advantage of it!
So today, I plan to organize our bedroom. I figured my problem is I have always moved around a lot. (In my first marriage, we moved fourteen times in nineteen years.) And when you move a lot, you get really great at sorting, tossing, and packing. I'd end up getting rid of half of our junk every time we moved. But I've lived here now for six years! And I've collected more junk than I will ever have any use for. And it drives me NUTS. So I thought, why can't I do this like I was moving? Get some boxes, go through everything, and either throw it away or put it into a box. Then when I finish a room, and have all these nice empty drawers and an empty closet, just go through and put the stuff away! I don't know why this brilliant idea hadn't come to me before. (They never do!) Today is my day to work in the bedroom, as I said. I'll let you know how it comes out. I'm beginning to wonder if, after I pack everything up, it wouldn't be a good time to paint in there.....
I found some pictures of how my living room looked BEFORE my husband moved his stuff in. I LOVED it then. Now I HATE that room. So I think I need to paint it back the original color and buy new furniture to get it back like it used to be. I'm even going to look for furniture the same color. I'm on a roll here.
And yesterday, I bought new cookware. A whole set. A whole set that MATCHES, and HAS ALL THE LIDS to the pots. I've been cooking for thirty five years with terrible cookware. I'm going to toss the old stuff and put my new stuff in the pot rack.
I think this is probably the most boring post I've ever done. But I feel like the Tazmanian Devil today.

2 comments:

emily said...

matching cookware! with lids! you're rocking my world here.

Forest Lady said...

Emily, its so obvious, isn't it, that I get my world rocked very easily, and usually by the most simple, mundane things. But hey, it's T-FAL, what can I say?