Wednesday, June 14, 2017

So....something happened

I had an appointment at the therapist today. I had written the last blog entry that I was thinking about stopping. I thought about it last night before I went to bed. I thought I am doing fine. I really dreaded just having to drive over there today. Seemed like a waste of time when I could stay home and read. I mean...I thought- what am I even going to talk to her about at the appointment?? I have nothing going on, nothing to say.
So I get there, and she calls me back, and I stroll back there and casually sit down. She picks up my file and says, "So how are you doing today?" And I BURST OUT CRYING. One of those ugly face cries. And the whole time I'm crying, I have no clue why. Not. A. Clue.
So, she talks to me for an hour. Gave me a whole stack of handouts to read. Gives me homework. And increases me to TWICE a week.
She sort of thinks it's just the whole retirement thing with B and it just being a big change that caused the "freak-out." My word-not her's. I am really 🤔 not sure. Still don't know why all the crying.
But needless to say, I'm going to be going for the foreseeable future.




2 comments:

Gillian said...

While I love reading your blog, I am sorry about this experience. I hope you can figure out what is going on. Did you tell the therapist you had planned to stop? I can't help but wonder if that created some anxiety, or if being in a safe place just freed you to cry about something you haven't recognized as something that is really bothering you. I hope you can figure it out. Peace!

Bev.

Forest Lady said...

I didn't tell her that I was planning to quit, but I did tell her that I didn't want to come that day.