Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Neighbors Like Me!


I wrote in a previous post that I had been going to an exercise class in our neighborhood pool in the mornings, but because of a medication I'm taking causing sun sensitivity, I had to stop going. I was really disappointed, because even though I know all the exercises and can do them alone in the evenings, it's SO much more fun to do them with the group.
One of the ladies told me at cards last night that if I'd come at 6 tonight, she would exercise with me. I went and ALL the women were there, and even three of their husbands! They didn't want me to exercise alone. Some of them even came after doing the water exercise this morning. I was blown away. I told them how grateful I am. We all did over an hour of exercise and had so much fun! They are all coming back tomorrow!
They also asked if anyone had plans for the 4th, and none of us did. We decided to all get together at the clubhouse/pool and grill Saturday. They said any family visiting was also welcome. So we can have a cookout and swim or whatever. I'm so HAPPY. :-)
I've spent most of my life isolating, and now I find out how much fun having friends can be!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am happy you're making friends and liking it, but now you are leaving me in the dust!

Forest Lady said...

Never, Miss Amy.

Anonymous said...

I admire you for getting yourself out there more. I am definitely to isolated, especially now that I work from home. I feel very lonely a lot and am trying to figure out a way to get around people more and still feel comfortable.

Bev M

Cathy said...

While you are out making friends I'm weeding through mine and getting rid of those who take and take and take.

I loved reading this post. You've changed so much since I first started reading your blog. I think that was 4 years ago?

I liked you right away so am not surprised that your neighbor ladies find your company worthy of changing their workout schedule.

I would and have known for a long time that you are someone I would enjoy sharing some time with.

Forest Lady said...

Cathy, Yes I realize the big change myself. Me? Like exercise? Me, being social? I surprise myself. And I think you're pretty terrific. One day we will quit saying we're going to get together and have lunch and actually do it!

Jammie J. said...

Just getting caught up... going back a few posts, I'm so glad you went to the groomers. Accidents happen, but they need to know so they can learn and prevent them in the future. Just be a bit more careful. Plus, I hate to think of your dog being in pain. :(

I'm glad you're going to OA, and sticking with it. It really sounds as if it's helping you.

And your neighbors are sweet. I think if someone did that for me, I'd probably cry and be all emotional.

(hugs)

Forest Lady said...

I was all emotional, Jammie. I thought it was so sweet that the neighbors did that.
Our doggie was in pain, and he was so pitiful. I will be much more careful who touches them in the future.