Thursday, May 03, 2007

Baby Shower

Itt was an interesting week would be an understatement. The baby shower went fine. They got a lot of nice things for the baby. My mother came and brought my EX MIL with her (they are friends), so there was my mother, my ex MIL and my current MIL all sitting together on the couch.
Anyway, here's some shower pics. Isn't my daughter cute with her pregnant tummy? We painted onesies in addition to the games. The three women on the couch are my current MIL, my mother, and my ex MIL. My son-in-law models his "Daddy's Toolbelt."




























7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord, they are all three sitting there with their arms crossed. Talk about some strong body language!

Claire is not going to need any onesies any time soon is she. That is a great idea for a shower.

I saw all the photos on Claire's blog and it looks like she cleaned up. Loads of gifts and that is some food spread. It looks like a lot of work. I hope you had plenty of help.

Forest Lady said...

Yeah, Cathy, I noticed that body language, and it does speak volumes. Thankfully, I still have my happy pills and don't care! :-)

Anonymous said...

I noticed that too and thought it was so funny!

The Tuckered One said...

Not meaning any disrespect to my grandmothers, but I thought you might enjoy this :-)

emily said...

I noticed the arm crossing too. I thought they all looked nervous and uncomfortable though, rather than hostile.

The party looks adorable. I love the onesie painting idea. So cute!

Forest Lady said...

I'm still laughing over Plumbtuckered's picture. Witches...(holding sides and laughing my head off.)

Anonymous said...

The one on the left is not a happy camper. She doesn't even look like she could pretend to have a nice time. The look on her face says,"I'm better than you two." What a hoot!

The other two seem to be trying but, a smile through puckered lips just doesn't count. It kind of reminds me of the way my ex would look in court when caught in a lie. Like he was uncomfortable as hell but didn't want anyone to know. The discomfort is so apparent!

I wonder, do we all grow into old witches?