Saturday, May 05, 2007

Rudolph, Witches, and Pet Peeves


I saw the therapist Wednesday. We talked about guilt, and some of the things I had put on my list I felt guilty about. I felt terrible when I left, but usually I leave there feeling drained.

Throughout the afternoon, and Thursday, I felt terrible. Yesterday I went to the doctor, and kept thinking I wished I could lay down in the waiting room, so that tells you how I felt then. Turned out I have a sinus infection on both sides and also an infection in the tip of my nose, making me resemble Rudolph.

I swore I would not leave the house until this improves. So the doctor gave me a shot in the office, a superdose of an antibiotic, prednisone, and a decongestant. My nose is still red, but looks a bit better. We are suppose to go with my son to Nashville to see Spiderman at the IMAX. I told my son I might not go but just have my husband go with him. My son said I don't know anyone in Nashville and will just be in a dark theatre or the car and should go on. I might go, but I really feel yucky.

The therapist also told me this week that the reason I have gotten so nuts about my house cleaning is because other things in my life are out of control. Well now it is, too, since I've been sick, so I guess I gave up control of that. ha.

Ok, now to one of my pet peeves. It's when you give someone you only know casually your email, like someone from a group you go to, or a co-worker of your husband you talked to briefly at a dinner, or your Avon lady. Then every day they send me stuff, forwarded, from jokes to cartoons to everything else they had in their mail that day.The worst are the Forward this to Ten Friends things. All you do for those ten friends is fill their mailboxes with the same junk you got. Not being a very good friend, it seems to me. So for those who don't know....the forward to ten people emails are just chain letters, and you don't get a pop-up for doing it, or a free dinner, or a good luck fairy, or money from Bill Gates. In fact, if Bill Gates got all that junk mail I doubt he'd have time to spend his money much less give it to me.

So...I delete it, usually without reading it if I can tell it's junk from the subject line. But what I want to do is write and say if you have something personal to tell me, write, if not, keep your forwarded email to yourself. Remember now, these are not FRIENDS. I sometimes send a really good joke to a friend I think might need a laugh that day, but I don't do it often and it has to be a really good one. (And it takes a lot to make me laugh, like the witches hats my daughter drew on my MIL in the comment section of the post below. But I probably won't write this people any time soon. For now, I just grumble and growl. And tell you about it. Aren't you lucky. :-)

1 comment:

Freebird said...

That picture with the witches hats is LOL funny. Looks like ya'll had a great shower.