Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I SEE FOOD, I EAT SEAFOOD












This is my daughter, Plumbtuckered, on the pontoon boat we rented in Florida. We spent my birthday Sunday out on the boat. We walked around in the shallow part of the water, saw some dolphins up close and personal. We went to "Shell Island" but the only pretty shells we saw were still being inhabited by icky looking sea creatures. My daughter got attacked by a blue crab and it pinched her ankle and made it bleed. She got even by eating baskets of crab claws that night.
The kids got me an ice cream cake for my birthday, and we had a nice birthday dinner at Captain Anderson's. I decided turning fifty is not a bad thing after all.
I have to say, even though I hadn't mentioned it before, we have had a good friend of our family going through a major crisis in his life, and the situation looked hopeless. I lost a lot of sleep worrying over this man and his family. I did a lot of praying. I found out last night that my prayers were answered. I don't know why I doubt my faith so much, when God has always answered my most important prayers, like this situation and the life threatening surgery my son had. I am very grateful.
I am also very lucky.
And my friend, Cathy, sent me a very special birthday gift. My kids got me an Amazon gift certificate. I used it to buy myself a Swiss Army knife. Now no matter what the next part of my life brings, I'll have the tools I need in my purse to handle it.

1 comment:

Forest Lady said...

That's so funny, Amy. That's the first thing my kids said when I told them I got a Swiss army knife--"Don't take it on a plane!" Hopefully, hubby and I will be doing most of our RV travel in the future, and my knife will come in handy. I have him watching RV videos as I write this--Hoping the RV bug will bite him as much as it has me.