Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sewing Machine- You Won't Get the Best of Me



Well, the sewing machine arrived yesterday on my birthday as planned. I was so excited to get it. Then I started reading some of the manual....I unpacked everything, set it on my sewing table and didn't even turn it on. I was scared of it. Yes, I said scared. I started thinking what do I know about a computerized sewing machine? I have to get my daughter to tell me how to do things in MS Word, which everyone else in the universe has figured out forward and backward.
Today, I went down to a sewing shop that carries these things, and the lady told me a lot of things I didn't know about bobbin thread being different than embroidery thread and all the different brands and weights and stabilizers and when to use which one and I really freaked.
So I came home and all day I thought I need to at least try it out. It took me until after dinner to get up the courage. I sat down, opened up the manual, and started trying to wind a bobbin with the automatic hoopty doopty auto bobbin winder. After an hour and half, three bobbins that looked like birds nests on crack, I finally got one wound right. I had a few choice words to say to the machine, which I can't repeat because I might get thrown off blogspot.
Anyway, the challenge was on. It's either me or the sewing machine and it's not going to be the sewing machine that wins. Tomorrow I'm going to lasso that sucker and at least load some thread.. I hope. But that could take awhile. It has an automatic threader too.....Maybe one like the picture would be more my speed....

No comments: