Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ho Ho Hum


Isn't she cute! She's almost eight months old now.
We are back from our cruise. It was very nice to get away and be pampered for a few days. I got sick the day we left, and had the crud all week. I got back Saturday and Sunday was still not better, so I went to a walk-in clinic. The doc said I have bronchitis and a sinus infection. I'm on meds that seem to be helping, but they make me so sleepy.

On the cruise, I won at three card poker, and came back with more than I went with, so I ordered the Amazon Kindle I've been wanting. However, it's on back order, so who knows when it will come. People who ordered in November are being given Jan 15th time frames. But I can be patient, up to a point.

My mother-in-law is here visiting. We've had a nice time so far. I've cooked a couple of crock-pot meals and we got take-out some. She understands I've not felt good.


My step-daughter and her husband are coming tomorrow night, or are, as far as we know. My daughter and granddaughter are coming to visit tomorrow. Friday, my husband is having knee surgery. Saturday, we are having two of the kids over for dinner. Then next week, my youngest son and his girlfriend come in for a visit from Arkansas.

I also just noticed my husband has a present for me, even though we agreed not to buy anything for each other, and I don't have anything for him.

So if I sound Bah Humbug, I guess I am, yet another year. But I do hope all who read this had a happy Holiday season and got to spend some good times with family and friends.

Oh, almost forgot the good news. I weighed at the doctor Sunday and have lost sixteen pounds since I've been eating low carb. How about that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

16 pounds, that is great! You should post a before and after photo.

Umm, and your youngest son is married? Has he always been (I mean since you've been writing), otherwise I missed that post.

Forest Lady said...

No, no not married. Slip in typing, wishful thinking? ha.
I will post a before and after when it gets to 50 pounds. By then, you can tell a big difference.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say, I'd think your son getting married would have at least mentioned a "my son's married." He harasses you on the radio, so I doubt he'd be "ma, don't talk about me on your blog!"

Freebird said...

Busy, busy, busy! Congrats on the weight loss!

Freebird said...

Oh, yeah, almost forgot to mention the picture is adorable!