Monday, March 10, 2008

Baby's Crawling and I'm Teaching

My granddaughter is crawling! Here's her latest video.
I found a low carb pizza recipe, and it's become our favorite. The "crust" is baking as we speak. Tonight's selection is cheese and pepperoni. I don't feel like taking the time to separately cook the Italian sausage, but we usually put that on it, too.
My friend, D, met me at Target this morning to pick up the breakfast food I had from my secret shopping. Her kids love the hash browns. When she got there, one of her daughter's was in the car crying her eyes out. My friend homeschools her children, and her eighth grade twins were enrolled at a program three days a week at a woman's house that teaches some of the more advanced subjects. Well, evidently this lady has extremely strict rules (she does it free so she's entitled to) and believes in the one strike, you're out policy. This little girl took her cell phone with her, which is not against the rules as long as it is turned off. However, it is against the rules to have it on her desk, which she did,while she was getting her things from her backpack. So out she goes.
I told them to come by and we'd figure it out. I told her I would teach them three mornings a week, which is what the other lady was doing. The only problem is the other lady supplied the books, and took them back. I have all the math books from the time I had the tutoring center so we had that part covered. My friend, D, has a history curriculum. The girls were taking Spanish, so I ordered that software and workbooks. Thank goodness, I had one year of Spanish and they are in the beginnner stages so I can learn with them. Now we're trying to get together the Earth Science, History, Government, etc. I have a lot of books we can use for literature. I also thought I'd start the girls with a journal doing some creative writing for use on grammar, spelling, etc.
I'm looking forward to it. The girls are so sweet.

No comments: