Monday, August 17, 2015

A Little Updating

I have come a long way since this blog began. I have finally found the right medications to keep the worst of the depression monsters away. Although I have days when my motivation is bad, they are fewer. I no longer fear confrontation. I am able to go to people about conflicts and talk it out, which I could never do a few years ago. I speak up for myself more, and I give more value to my own opinions and beliefs.
We ave a new dog. Her name is Abbey, named after the Beatles Abbey Road. I love the Beatles music, almost as much as James Taylor, but not quite.
I think adding a pic to blog posts used to be easier. I can't figure out how now.
My middle son lost his job while I was visiting him a few weeks ago. He's had no luck finding anything yet. It worries me all the time. I feel so helpless.
My sister loves me again. Since our parents died in 2013, just a few months apart, she has buried the hatchet and picked up like nothing happened. I want really badly to just accept this new relationship, but part of me just does not trust it. I'm afraid she'll get mad at me over something and go 15 more years without speaking. I did learn, during all that time, to live without her in my life.
My youngest son is married to a beautiful girl, and they seem very happy. She was just accepted into sonography school. My daughter and her husband are fine, busy with the kids.
I dread Christmas. Anyway, my therapist thinks she is going to desensitize my aversion to all things Christmas, so everytime I go in, she has Christmas decorations everywhere! :-)

No comments: