Friday, April 21, 2017

Beginning Again


I mentioned to Amy the other day that I miss blogging, and so I decided to start again.
I just got back from a 3 week visit to Seattle to see my middle son. We had a really nice time. The day I got there, the cherry tree outside his balcony was in full bloom. I even got a few pictures of it. It was a good thing, too, as the next day a big wind storm blew every blossom off of it.
I had some great seafood, got to take Uber rides (how cool!) and saw some good movies. I even took a tour of FB where he works.
While I was there, my youngest son and his wife had their first baby, a little boy, and my third grandchild. I haven't gotten to hold him yet, but his other grandmother is still there with them. He is doing well, had a few feeding problems at first but was able to turn that around with help from the lactation consultant.
If you're looking for a good book, I just finished "The Orphan's Tale," and it was really good. I loaned it to my mother-in-law and she liked it, too. It's set during World War 2 and is about two women who are trapeze artists in the circus.
My daughter is doing well, too. She starts a new job in May at a local community college. She is keeping her work from home job but will only be doing it a few hours a week. Grandson B is six years old and in kindergarten. He has his first loose tooth. My granddaughter, C, is 9 and in fourth grade. She is taking piano, has been for awhile, and has her second recital next month.
I was taking piano but gave it up. I seemed to hit a spot where everything seemed above what I could do. I got frustrated and gave up. We bought a piano, so I need to take it back up at some point, maybe with a different teacher. I loved the teacher I had but she had three pre-schoolers, including a baby who liked to bang on one end of the piano while I was having my lessons.
My sister and her husband just split up after over 45 yrs of marriage. He's had a gf for the last 5 yrs, and my sis put up with all his promises and lies a lot longer than I would have. It's all final now and she is trying to move on by herself. If you have followed my blog in the past, you know that she didn't speak to me for over 15 years. After our mom and dad died, she started talking again. We get along fine now. Talk once a week or so, go out to lunch every few months. (I hate talking on the phone!)
I hate every day that Trump is in the White House. Living with two Republicans doesn't make it any better. However, our Governor resigning in disgrace, and Bill O'Reilly getting fired has made April a little better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last few lines gave me a nice chuckle :).

Bev

Amy said...

Seriously, the teacher let her kid bang on the piano? Even if she stopped him right away every time, so wrong. I would have quit too.

ForestLady said...

The teacher never stopped the baby. She would just say, "You'll have to ignore him. He likes to play, too."