Monday, June 16, 2008

New Little Peanut


I saw the therapist twice last week. I see her once this week, with my husband going along. She wants his opinion on how things are going. I guess she doesn't believe me when I say "fine" anymore.
I have been feeling the empty nest so much lately. My son moved to Seattle, my daughter moved an hour farther away and my little doggie died at about the same time. Our other little dog, Boo, has been missing his pal and looks for him around the house. I decided I needed a new baby, some baby that also needed me.

I called a lady that owns a local rescue shelter. She had a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix that she had gotten from a shelter in South Alabama on his "last day." He came to the shelter with a huge purple bruise on his neck, underweight, and infested with fleas. She got him shaved down, got rid of the fleas, got him on a good dry dog food, and found out he has low thyroid and needed thyroid meds. His main problem was fear. He was desperately afraid of everything and everyone. I went to get him on Thursday, took him to our vet and got him registered there. We've been giving him his thyroid medicine, and a lot of petting. He will not come to us, but if we gently pick him up, he will sit in my lap and let me pet him for a long time, but he never relaxes, lays down or puts his head down on me. He spends most of his day in his bed.

My daughter and son-in-law came by with the baby Saturday, and this little pup, Peanut, seemed to take more interest in being out and walking around while they were here. He is eating tons of dog food, and hopefully is gaining weight. He will be beautiful when his hair grows back. I could kill whoever abused this little guy. He weighs 5.2 lbs, but should be closer to 6.5-7 when he gets up to normal weight.
I ordered both of the dogs a little vest so that I can walk them without any pain to the neck area. I saw it on QVC and it's really cute. Be sure to watch the video.

My daughter was trying to figure out a way to take the baby and go with me to Seattle in October, but figuring out working her flight schedule around her brother's work schedule and car seats, etc. got her discouraged. Also, I told her I couldn't take him to work and drive his truck to pick her up. Seattle traffic is unreal. He had a wreck just driving on the interstate his first month there. It seems like all airlines and cab companies should provide infant seats when needed. Anyway, I really wish she could have come with me.

They took the baby out in the boat this weekend. She's so cute, with five teeth now!

My step-daughter mentioned a month or so ago, that she'd like to get together with her dad for Father's Day. She asked what we would like to do. We offered to pick them up and go to a movie and lunch. Then the night before, she canceled with some vague excuse about errands to run that they had been "procrastinating" about. He was so hurt, he got choked up talking about it. Then he got angry. I just felt so sorry for him. He said he had no family except for my kids, me, and his mom. And he's such a good man to all of us. I sent a card and called my dad. He sent a card and called his, even though his dad walked out on him and his mom when he was little. I suggested we go to eat and go to a movie anyway, so we did. We saw The Happening. It was "Eh, so-so."

No comments: