Monday, November 24, 2008

Dashing Through the Turkeys







We put up our tree, which prompted bringing out all the other decorations. We even put a wreath on our door. Hello Neighbors! We're doing Christmas decorating early. The next day, reindeer with lights appeared down the street, and wreaths are popping up on doors all over the neighborhood. Guess we started a trend. :-)
Anyone who knows my Grinchy ways, would have some doubts about whether I actually did follow through with Christmas decorating, so I posted pictures. Proof!
My mom and sister were suppose to come today, visit me, let my sister see the home I've lived in since 2000, go to lunch. Last night, my mom said she was very tired, and my sister had a lot to do to get ready to go out of town this week, so we've put it off until after the holidays. But, I ended up with a clean, halfway organized house.
My middle son still has not found a job. Keep praying. His savings are going down.....
I lost forty-something pounds. I have now officially gained back all but sixteen pounds. When I'm sad and depressed, I don't eat. When I'm happy, well, let's just say chocolate tastes way good. I feel like cooking. I feel like going out to eat. I feel like every food is calling my name. I'm going to have to deal with this, but I figure after the holidays is a good time.
I hope everyone has a very nice Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better to be chubby and happy, then skinny because you're unhappy. And you're right, it's probably not a good idea to try and lose weight over the holidays. You'll just end up going nuts and then eating an entire pie.

Cathy said...

I love the tree. Didn't see any ornaments that looked out of place at all.

I'm with Amy about the chubby and happy thing. My plans are to gain weight over the holidays and if I'm motivated get rid of it after the holidays.

If I'm not motivated, I'm not going to worry about it!