Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Teaching Mrs Madoff About Macaroni


I'm through with all the antibiotics and steriods and I still feel yucky. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to have the chest x-ray repeated. I just feel like I need some major vitamins, an oxygen bar, a personal trainer, energy drink, something!

I finished Twilight and New Moon and am reading Eclipse. Again, I still can't believe I like these books, and I LIKE these books. No, you won't see my running around in a "Bite Me" t-shirt (ha).

I've pared my packing list down to the necessities, and I am still debating whether to check one bag and take a large purse on the plane, or try to carry on my bag. I hate dragging luggage around in an airport, especially with a long layover, but while I've never had luggage lost, this would be a very bad time for that to happen with me leaving Seattle for good two days after arriving.

My son had a very promising phone interview (two actually) yesterday with a company in Huntsville. It would be good if he found a job here soon. I think he'd feel better about moving. They want to interview him in person as soon as he gets here.

My husband plans to put down the new floor in the living room (along with help from my friend's son) while I am gone. I will be so excited to come home and it already be done, and thrilled to say bye-bye to carpet.

I stayed up late to watch Amercian Idol (we Tivo'd it, is that a verb?) and, although I love that black fingernail polish guy's voice, he must have been smoking some heavy duty something to get up and sing "I Walk the Line" in a sitar-type arrangement. It sounded like a guru on crack.
The little blonde who sang "Jolene" was pretty bad. I was pleasantly surprised by the Indian guy and the girl with the flu. So if you don't watch Idol, none of these comments make any sense at all.

Now for my take on the Madoff scandel. I don't feel as sorry for the rich folks as I probably should, but I really don't. However, I would love to see his wife have to shop at K-Mart like the rest of us, and see her excited over a blue light special. I've had my "living on mac and cheese until payday" times, and I know how to cook a million hamburger dishes to stretch a five pound chub pack. I could teach her a thing or two.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Sorry you are still feeling yucky. I've had an ear infection, been on antibiotics for a week and still feel terrible.

What kind of floor are you getting? A couple of weeks ago a couple of friends and I put down TrafficMaster Allure in my bedroom. I love it!

I was worried since I had hardwood throughout the bottom floor of the house but I'm very happy with how it has turned out.

Now I'm wishing I had done the entire first floor with it.

As for Maddoff, I have no pity for him or any member of his family. Anyone who knew what he was up to and took part in it should be flogged.

Forest Lady said...

That's what we're putting--Trafficmaster Allure in Oak. I'm going to do the living room and hall. Someday I hope to do the bedrooms and kitchen, too.