Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day

My husband got me chocolates in a heart shaped velvet box. This has a special meaning for me. When I lived at home, my step-dad used to get my mom, grandmother, and me each a heart shaped box of chocolates each Valentine's Day. I always looked forward to seeing the pretty boxes and I would keep mine and put mementos in it later. I miss him since he died eight years ago.
I realize how lucky I am to have a good husband. He works hard and is nice to me. He never gets mad at me about anything. We've been married two years in March and dated a year before that and we've never had an argument, or even gotten mad at each other. We're both very easy going and just don't find little things important enough to get upset with each other over. And we travel well together which should be a must-do before anyone gets married.
I started to do another griping bitching moaning post today but then I read some other people's and I realized how lucky I am to have this guy on Valentine's Day especially, when so many other people are alone. I've spent a lot of Valentine's Days alone, and some when I desperately wished I was alone rather than with the one I had at the time.
So I decided to count my blessings today and try to be positive and upbeat. How am I doing so far?
Ok, now I think I'll go dive into those chocolates and figure out what I can go buy him for Valentine's here at the last minute! Oh I'm bad....

No comments: