Saturday, March 12, 2005

Chiropractors

My husband has been complaining with his neck and back hurting for a week now. He's really been miserable. He went to our family doctor who didn't x-ray or examine him, just wrote a Rx for pain pills, which help until they wear off and the pain comes back. So I recommended he see a chiropractor. I don't know what it is about chiropractors but they seem to have a bad rep. People either think they are quacks (especially other doctors) or they swear by the good they do.
Well I used to be in the first group, until I got down in my back once so bad I couldn't sit, stand, or lie down without hurting. A friend recommended a chiropractor, and at the time, if she's given me the name of a good hooker who could have massaged it away, I'd have paid her money. I was that bad off. So I went, and he fixed it, and the pain left, and after that, although I don't really understand the training they have or why they have such a bad rep with the medical community, I swear they help.
So my husband reluctantly agreed to go. The guy did two x-rays and a thorough exam and an adjustment to my husband's neck, bone popping and all. We're back home now and my husband has an ice pack on his neck and is raving over how much better he feels.
So even though I don't understand exactly what the big deal is with chiropractors, they have another supporter from our family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Millar there in Decatur did wonders for my back. Hope Hubby is better soon.