Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Living Large is More than a Dress Size

My husband and I went to Savannah over the weekend with my daughter and son-in-law. We went to visit my youngest son who is a DJ there. Savannah is really pretty with all the Spanish moss in the trees and the historic houses. We had a really good time. We wanted to go to Paula Deen's restaurant, "Lady & Sons" but the line was way too long for the weather we had to stand in. We did get to do some serious shopping at an outlet mall though, and any weekend with shopping is a good day.
Gilmore Girls tonight was awesome. Let's just hope that they don't start next week by saying the ending this week was just someone's dream! I never thought I'd get hooked on a nighttime soap opera which is basically what this is, but I absolutely love this show, even though Lorelai can be more than a little obnoxious at times.
I read a girl's blog about how cool her new vacuum is, so I don't feel like mine is too terribly boring, even though it sure seems that way at times. (Her blog did make me want to try out that vacuum! And anyone who can write about everyday things and make me feel inspired has my vote!)
I've decided I'm technology deprived. My daughter has an IPOD which she played over our radio in the car on the way to Savannah. How cool is that? And it's cute too. I definitely want one.
I found out today that a short story I submitted has been definitely accepted as a finalist for a new book that is coming out. I'm not telling any of my family (except the one person in the family who reads this blog) until I find out something definite. I was chosen by another book as a finalist once but didn't make the final cut. So we'll see. If chosen I get 200 dollars and a copy of the book, which is not the good part. The good part is I can say I've been published. Me. A published writer. It's like saying I've accomplished something besides raising good kids (which they became as much in spite of me as because of me).
I also found out today that my new dulcimer I ordered is on it's way and should arrive on Thursday. So it's been a great day.

No comments: