Tuesday, April 26, 2005

My Top Twelve Pet Peeves for April

1) People who call me to run their other friends down. If a dog will bring a bone, he'll carry one.
2.) Those invisible walls between the smoking and non-smoking sections. If it's within five feet of the smoking section, you can call it non-smoking, but it's not!
3.) People who can't make you a no-salt plate in a restaurant without wanting all the details of why you are on this strange diet. (Yes, this is a new one.) I am thinking of telling them I have a rare allergy to salt and people who ask too many questions. (No, I wouldn't really say that, but neither do I want to explain I have Meniere's and what it is, especially when it sounds an awful lot like manure's.)
4.) People whose idea of a vacation is one where they hike ten miles, climb three mountains, and shop for ten hours straight. To me vacation means if I want to crawl in bed and sleep the days away, or curl up on a balcony with a great view and a good book, or stay in my room the whole time, it's ok! I'm on vacation! This is my idea of vacation!
5.) Going to the movie that is suppose to start at seven, but there are thirty minutes of previews before it does.
6.) AOL's headline news videos that all open with a Metamucil commercial. I got so aggravated at this one, I even wrote Metamucil and told them I would never buy their stuff no matter how desperate I might ever get for fiber.
7.) Plants that look fine until you set them out and then they look like they are near croaking.
8.) Men who hate women. Women who hate men. Isn't this generalizing just a bit?
9.) People who figure out how the movie is going to end half way through, and then lean over and whisper it to you. Yes, he may end up being the bad guy, but let me get my money's worth on this admission price, ok?
10.) Bullies. Especially adult bullies, who know they are too old to sling insults the way they did in junior high, but they do it in subtle ways. Sneaky, sneaky, bullies.
11.) People who make out in restaurants. Get a room! Please!
12.) People who brag about themselves continuously. My ex-boss has a wife like this. If you have a cold, she has pneumonia. If you just bought a bracelet, she just bought a jewelry store.
I realize this is a sign of insecurity and I should feel empathy for her. But she just drives me nuts.

No comments: