Saturday, June 11, 2005

Mother- In- Laws

My mother-in-law is coming in two weeks for a visit. My husband is an only child and we live in Alabama, while she lives far away in Arizona. We rarely get to see her, usually only at Christmas so I started inviting her to come mid-year also. I like her, so it's not a problem, except for the crazies I get about having the house "just so" when she comes.
Now that I have major balance problems, I can't get much done, and it's driving me nuts. The doctor's office assured me that my "brain" will compensate for the lack of information it's getting from my right inner ear now that they have killed the balance center and that my balance will improve. I read an article that says the imbalance gets progressively worse for a few weeks, then peaks, then starts improving.
The thing is, I don't have a few weeks since she's coming in a few weeks! So I enlisted my husband's help in cleaning out the junk from the guest room. He has been great about helping, so I think we'll be okay. He keeps reminding me that his first wife didn't clean at all, ever (she was a horrible housekeeper) and that anything I do will be a huge improvement to his mother. But that isn't a great comfort.
My counselor recommended I read two new books this week, one about women and the self-talk we put ourselves through, and the other is about spiritual things. I haven't read either yet, but have them on order, and I put the links on this page on the lower left side.

No comments: