Sunday, March 19, 2006

And She Goes On and On and On....


I've felt better since I went to the counselor the other day. I guess I got out some of the emotion I've had bottled up for awhile. I started journaling but am finding it difficult to write that much. I guess I can type now better/quicker than I can write! But I guess the idea is to take your time journaling so your mind has time to think, instead of rambling like I usually do in this blog. ha.
My step-daughter and her husband came over Friday. We had quiche. After dinner, I got a shipment from UPS of the book I ordered, "Letters to My Teacher", that had my short story in it. (It was just released.) He wanted to read the story and did, then asked if I had a website to promote my work. My husband said, "Oh yes, she has a website for that. She also has a blog!"
Well, that started it. He wanted the address to my blog. I told him I'd have to think about it. He continued to harp on it throughout dinner, the movie, and the time afterward. He said if I wasn't ashamed of what I had written, and it was true, why did I care who read it? I said part of the fun of blogging is the anonimity, and not hurting anyone else's feelings. He didn't buy that either. We went to see 16 Blocks with them on Friday, and then yesterday we went to see Failure to Launch. Both were good. Then my husband wanted to stop by his favorite hobby shop, and he found that they were going out of business and were having a huge 50% off sale. He bought over three hundred dollars worth of war models. He says he's all set now for retirement, as he intends to spend a lot of his free time putting them together. He was so excited, and said it seemed like Christmas.
I've begun drawing. It seems like when things bother me, I always feel better if I can stop and do something creative. I bought a book about learning to draw and I'm having a lot of fun with it. And anytime I need to be alone, I can sit with my sketch pad, look inspired, and say, "Leave me alone. I'm concentrating!"
A couple of people wanted me to mention the names of the books the counselor wanted me to read. They are Love is a Choice, Beyond the Darkness, and The Courage to Heal.
I just found out Jessica Simpson has a malti-poo puppy that looks identical to our dog. But of course, I think ours is much cuter!

No comments: