Thursday, April 27, 2006

Can a Fat Lady Ride a Bike?


I've sat on my fat ass in my recliner getting bigger and bigger and I'm sick of it. Today I saw a 700 pound woman on Dr. Phil and thought how lucky I am to still be able to move. So I decided to take a bike ride. My husband just smiled when I mentioned it but he aired up my tires for me. I loved bike riding as a kid, and first starting off and feeling the wind on my face was GREAT. Well, I took a ten minute ride. I came home wheezing, sweating, heart pounding, and thighs on fire. It took twenty minutes for my heart to slow down. I sat under the ceiling fan dying.
I need ya'll to encourage me. I really do. I have to do something. I don't want to give up on myself on this like I do every other thing.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

No pain, no gain. Isn't that what they used to say?

I'm not someone to encourage you. I've been a bit lax myself lately when it comes to exercise and it is showing.

Just be sure you go out early in the morning or late in the afternoon and build up your time on the bike slowly. Before you know it the fire in the thighs will be replaced by rock hard muscle.

Queue_t said...

I say go slow and it will just take a few weeks to get the good habits back. 21 days is all to make a good habit or kick a bad one.

I have been walking and tracking my progress and getting great motivational e-mails everyday from the 10000 step organization. in 6 weeks I have walked 66 miles!

maybe try to find and excrecise partner, this really helped me in the begining. ( i am still a beginer) but I am walking and tracking steps everyday now. it really is great to get into the moving habit once again.

Freebird said...

Maybe you should have taped that episode of Dr. Phil. I would think that would be encouragement enough. I saw the preview to that show, but didn't watch it. I hate to say this, but I just didn't want to be digusted by it.

Sassy_Chick said...

Just wanted to say, You CAN do it!!!! Do it slow, adding as you go and soon you will be riding like a pro! I am going to be getting me a bike soon too, I am the same, sitting my big butt in my recliner when I should be out moving it and so I intend to do so as well!

Also if you want great motivation for weight loss, exercise, great support and friends, check out: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/index.php
I'm a member, people there are great!