Friday, July 14, 2006

Strange But True


When I was fourteen, I went to spend the weekend at my friend Susan's house. My mom couldn't drive me over, but my uncle who had been visiting was getting ready to leave, and he said he would drop me off. The next afternoon, we were in Susan's room, and she was looking for something in her closet. I was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling one minute. The next thing I knew Susan was shaking me and crying for me to answer her. But it was what was in between that was weird. I thought I was asleep and had a dream (Susan said my eyes were open the whole time but I was just staring with no response to her). I saw a bedroom, and a boy or small man was lying on the bed in a pair of boxer shorts, and there was a shotgun beside him on the bed, and he had shot himself in the chest. I knew he was dead. Then I heard bells ringing. Then I saw a grey velvet coffin with roses embossed on it.
Well it shook me and Susan both up. Neither of us knew what to make of it. It was so REAL. I spent the day wondering how someone could sleep with their eyes open.
The next morning my mom came to pick me up. She said my uncle, the one who dropped me off at Susan's had killed himself. He shot himself in the chest with a sawed off shotgun, and they found him. I almost fell over. I said what was he wearing. Guess what she said. Just his underwear. That afternoon we went to the funeral home with the family. When we walked into the funeral home, there were bells on the door jingling. They went back to pick out the casket, but I waited in the lobby. My mom came back and said they picked out a gray velvet coffin with roses on it. I didn't tell my mom what happened, because I didn't think she would believe me. I didn't even understand it, so how could she? But I knew. And Susan knew. I took Susan with me to the funeral so she could see the coffin. I swear.
Well, there have been times in my life that I just knew something was wrong, but I've ignored it. I didn't much believe in psychics, and thought it was all a bunch of hoo-ey. Then I met Jeanette. She's done psychic readings for many years. She was a friend of a friend, and I went to her out of curiosity. She's dead on. I've seen her many times and she's always dead on. She told me I would have a problem with my lungs. I said well I have asthma sometimes. She said no, this is something to do with your legs and your lungs. That made no sense to me. Later I had a blood clot in my leg that went to my lung. That's just one example. She's always right on. She's even solved police cases.
So I started thinking about the incident that happened when I was a teenager, and about a month ago, I went on aol into one of the chat rooms. It was called GET A PSYCHIC READING. Evidently the lady who opened that chat was not at her computer. I guess she was drumming up business. A couple of people were in there asking who was the psychic. So I sent an instant message to one lady, and said I will try to give you a reading. For free. I just wanted to see if I could. She asked me some questions and I gave her my impressions. She thanked me and asked if she could email me sometime, and I gave her my email address. Well, yesterday I got a letter. She said everything I told her was true. She said she was amazed. She wanted to ask me some more questions. I tried to help her again.
I didn't tell anyone this, because I figured they'd all think I was nuts. But I finally decided to come clean and write about it. It's strange but true.
My granny used to see things too. For example, she was sitting on the porch one day, and saw her grandmother walking toward the house. She said as she neared the porch, she turned and walked around the side of the house, and smiled at her as she walked by. She asked her where she was going, but she just kept walking. Granny went inside and told her mother that her grandmother was here, out back. No grandmother was there, but her grandmother died that same time over 200 miles away.
I wonder if this kind of thing is like a type of intuition that runs in families?

4 comments:

Gillian said...

I don't know, but your story gave me goosebumps. I don't generally like scary movies, but loved the Sixth Sense.

Maybe you've found a new way to make some money :) I would almost be afraid to ask, because I might be afraid of the answers!

Keep us informed. I don't remember what your personality type was. I assume you had the N for intuitive and not the S for Sensing.

Freebird said...

That's amazing and I totally believe you. I've had a few instances like that where I *just knew* something was about to happen and it did. Nothing as crazy as the uncle story though.

You outta set up shop. You've got the gift.

Forest Lady said...

I decided if it is a gift, then it's from God, and not something I'd charge anyone for. Plus, sometimes I get things very strongly, and other times I get nothing. So, it's hit and miss at this point.

Cathy said...

Something similar happened to me when I was a girl. The day my Aunt Virginia passed away I knew it had happened. Told my mother she needed to call my Aunt cause I thought she was dead. Sure enough, she was. That is my only experience with such stuff. Hopefully my last.

If you ever have a vision about me, keep it to yourself please. Unless, of course, it involves a wealthy man coming into my life to take all my problems away.