Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Uh, OK. Well Maybe. On Second Thought..NO WAY!


I was scheduled for surgery on my eye Friday. It seemed like everything that could complicate things has happened in the last few days. I've also had this nagging feeling that maybe I shouldn't do this. Add to that, the psychic telling me this would not work the first time but would have to be done over, followed by the doctor saying 25% of the time this has to be done over, I figure I'm probably in that percentage.
I kept trying to justify to myself having it done despite all these gut feelings to the contrary. But I finally just decided to call it off. Of course, I called my husband first to run all this by him. He assured me that he loves me, doesn't care if I have it or not, that I should make my own decision (gotta love that man). So I called today and said that I'm sorry but I've changed my mind.
Now, I feel a lot better. I've had a good afternoon. I guess we have to learn to trust those instincts, huh.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm glad you didn't go through with it. I didn't see where you needed it. I've not seen evidence in any of your photos that there was a problem with your eyes. Not one that was noticable to me anyway.

Now you have one less thing to worry about. I know that has to be a relief.

Forest Lady said...

Yes, I am glad I changed my mind. I can hold my eyes straight consciously, and do that most of the time. The only time it's noticable is when I'm really tired of not feeling well.

Freebird said...

I'm glad you went with your gut instinct. The gut doesn't lie.

I wondered where your "wierd stuff" blog went.

continuitygirl said...

I think you did the right thing, it's always best to go with your instincts, and if you don't want to do something just don't do it.