Monday, October 16, 2006

Battle of the Sexes Won, Battle of the Bulge Continues




The cruise was wonderful. We made a list each day of all the activities we wanted to do, had a lot of fun, stayed up late, got up early, walked a lot, ate a lot, and just had a great time. I tried my best to eat the "light selections" from the menu, and except for one night when I had what I considered to be the best dessert on the menu, I stuck right by that. I also took the stairs up and down all day, and we walked through Cozumel rather than taking a taxi to do our shopping. I thought I had done great on my weight loss. I came back and weighed this morning and had gained 1 and 3/4 pounds. But I decided on my way back from weighing-in that I did the best I could, and that I had only failed if I gave up. Since I'm "keeping on keeping on," then I won't worry about it. Yes, it could have been much worse.


One of the highlights of our trip was the day we attended "Battle of the Sexes" in one of the auditoriums, which the host had separated into all women on the right, all men on the left. He then asked, "Which of your men are happily married?" My husband raised his hand, along with many others, but since he's a big guy near the front, the host then said, "Great, sir, you can be our captain of the men's team. Come on up to the front." Then he turned and, you guessed it, said, "And where is this man's wife?" I reluctantly stood, and he said, "You will be our women's captain!" I thought I would die. I thought about killing my husband. Then I thought, I will never see these people again, and I trudged up to the front. Of course, we women won the battle of the sexes. Did you have any doubt? And I won over my battle of being the wallflower in the corner, at least for one afternoon.
I am going to post a couple of pictures we had made, which show my fat face. But consider these "before pictures" with after pictures to follow at a later date.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think when you look down on yourself [aka "my fat face"] that it hinders your goal and only makes you loathe yourself in the end.

Forest Lady said...

I don't know about that Nikki. I think I'm a realist. I can see my faults and still like myself enough to know that I can do better or stay the same. Either way I'm fine, but I want to be better. Don't we all want to be better?

Cathy said...

Bruce does look like a very happy man. His smile reaches all the way up to his eyes. You both look quite spiffy.

You, especially look very pretty. You have a beautiful face Kathy. Beautiful, not fat!

I'm glad the cruise went well. Sounds like a blast and I can just imagine your initial anxiety over having to be captain of the women's team. Happy you pulled that off and ended up having fun.

Freebird said...

I have pics behind that same Titanic backdrop from a cruise I went on with my ex. hee hee.

You both look great in your pics. Cruises are so much fun. I'm with Amy, 1-3/4 isn't bad at all.