Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ma'am, Your Clothes Are Falling Off!


It's been a month since I started taking better care of myself. Making the decision was the hard part. Fearing failure was always in my mind the first couple of weeks, afraid to get my hopes up in case I failed. Now it's been a month. I decided to get a new outfit for the cruise, a satin skirt and sequined jacket. I looked in all the local stores but no luck. So I found one in an online catalog and ordered it with priority shipping. Yesterday it came. It's gorgeous.

So this morning I tried it on. I zipped the skirt and then grabbed the jacket and put it on. I looked in the mirror. The jacket is hanging off my shoulders and there is an awful lot of extra material in the front of the jacket. I tried rearranging it on my body but no luck. Still looked too big. How can that be? This is MY SIZE.

So while I'm still standing by the mirror, I take off the jacket and then STARE at the skirt. The waist of the skirt is now around my hips. Wh-h-h-at? The skirt is too big. WAY too big. So I pull off the skirt and start dancing around in my underwear and singing, "Oh yeah! Oh yeah!"

I went back to my closet, and I decided to try on one of the dressy dresses I had, but figured I'd never get into. It fits! So now I am going to take this new outfit back to the catalog desk today, and I'm going to wear what I already had. But I'm thrilled!

Eating better is actually getting to be a habit. I think of what I'm going to order BEFORE I get to the restaurant. I went through the "watching tv and munching" fear, until I figured out some snacks like popcorn that I can have at night. The thing is, I've sort of gotten to where I'm not even wanting that at night. I can watch tv without feeding my face at the same time, most of the time.

So am I proud of myself? Yes. Am I scared to be proud of myself? Yes. I'm scared to even post this for the fear that some food demon will possess me and I'll blow it. But so far, folks, so good.
Here's the main thing. I feel so much better. I am still not exercising enough, but I'm going to get a jump start on that next week on the cruise.

So for all of you who sent good thoughts my way, keep 'em coming, because it's working.

4 comments:

The Tuckered One said...

That's awesome!

Quaker Quakes are a good nighttime snack when you want something crunchy. I've tried the cheddar ones -- they taste like Cheetos.

Cathy said...

Hey, I'm proud for you. Don't be afraid to pat yourself on the back and share the good news. Your success darn sure motivates me to try and keep up with my changes.

How neat is it that you get to board that cruise ship feeling thinner and in better shape? It's going to be a great vacation.

Freebird said...

Congrats!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Hi, I run a diet and fitness blog. I really would love to run this article. I will provide a link back to your site and it should remain on the front page for about 3 - 5 business days. Please drop me a note on my site when you have a minute. It's a fantastic article!