Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thelma and Louise on Carnival


My friend, Dawn, came over today and we tackled the bedroom closet. It looks so much better and I found a lot of things I had lost. While she was here, we talked about her divorce, how hateful her ex is being, and how much she needs a break.

She asked about the cruise and went on and on about how she's had one vacation in thirty years and they camped, in a TENT, which flooded when it rained, and she cooked and cleaned up after everyone the whole time. She said she'd LOVE to go on a cruise, and she has wanted to all her life.

So...I said, could you afford to go? She said she had some money tucked back her dad sent her for her birthday. So I went online to look, and while I was looking she said she could never go by herself, because she wouldn't know what to do or anything. Well, we found a cruise leaving the 28th of this month. So...I booked it, for a girls' week away.

THEN I called my husband. He was so nice about it, and said he would give me some spending money to take with me. We ordered a certified copy of her birth certificate to be overnighted, and we're all set. She was jumping up and down she was so excited.

So...in ten days I'm sailing away again. And I can't wait. This time it's just the GIRLS.
Here's a funny side story to this whole thing. She called her attorney to make sure her going away on a cruise wouldn't negatively impact her divorce progress, and told him she wanted to go on a cruise with her friend. He said male friend or female? She was so embarrassed she turned bright red. She said, "Oh My! She's FEMALE. I'm known her for thirty years!" I thought it was funny.

I told her we eat in a dining room, and she can order what she likes from a menu. She said do they ever have steak? I said they have steak every night if you want it. I told her they also have seafood, chicken, etc. She said I sure don't want chicken. I have chicken at home. I NEVER get steak. I'M EATING STEAK EVERY NIGHT! Then she danced around some more.
I think it will be so fun. Thelma and Louise on Carnival. ha

1 comment:

Freebird said...

Awww, you're such a great friend! That girl needs a vacation in the worst way. You two are going to have so much fun. Ditto Amy, you totally suck!! :-)