Saturday, November 25, 2006

Gobble Gobble Chomp Chomp


I got up early yesterday and cooked all day. At the end of the day, the leaf was in the table, clean sheets on all the beds, tablecloth on dining room table, and the refrigerator held two coconut pies, two pumpkin pies, a gingerbread trifle, a Williams Sonoma Double Chocolate Bundt Cake, and our Turkey and Ham waiting for preparation today. I was tired, but it was a good tired. My sweet husband helped me in the kitchen all day, fetching me cans of stuff, loading the dishwasher, and keeping the garbage emptied.
For dinner, he went out and got us spaghetti and meatball dinners. My youngest son arrived with his girlfriend and we ate dinner together. Then we all sat together and watched some tv and talked. It was a very nice time, and I'm glad we had some time to relax and talk with them.
Right now, everyone is asleep but me. I got up early to bake the turkey and have a nice quiet time with my doggies and Diet Coke. I'm sitting here wearing an apron and feel very much like Betty Crocker. ha.
I realize this morning how much I have to be thankful for, with my family all safe and sound and a new grandbaby on the way. Plus, everyone is coming home today for our Thankgiving (late, I know but Saturday Thanksgiving is better than none at all!)Even my mom is coming today. Looks like we'll have eleven at last count.
I can't wait to dig into that Turkey and Cornbread Dressing.

3 comments:

Freebird said...

Hope you had a really nice time.

Gillian said...

I would love your recipe for cornbread dressing!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

and by the way, I am going to be a grandma again. Middle son is having TWINS in April!

Forest Lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.