Thursday, November 23, 2006

Now Where Did that Bird Go?



I hope all of you who read this have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. My family is having our Thanksgiving meal on Saturday, to accomodate schedules of the ones coming from out of town. I got an email this morning from my step-son-in-law asking what time today he should come. I immediately wrote back and said Nooooo, SATURDAY, not TODAY. Then I pushed send and I am praying all morning he got it in time to avoid a drive over. Yes, we could attempt to call, but their cellphone only works about half the time.
Tomorrow I will start cooking for Saturday. If all goes well, Honeybaked should be delivering my Cajun Turkey and Half Ham tomorrow, as we paid dearly for a Friday delivery. I found some new recipes for some old standbys so I can't wait to see how they go over.
We watched The Lake House last night from our Netflix. It's the one with Keanu Reeves and Sanda Bullock. It had a lot of twists and turns but it was a good movie. My husband even liked it and thought it wasn't so much of a love story as he had dreaded.
We went to see the eye doctor yesterday. He's very pleased with the outcome so far and considers the surgery a success. He says it can even get better in the next few months. So here's hoping he's right. I went prepared for him to say I needed another surgery, so left there much relieved. Then we met my daughter for lunch and some shopping. After that, she went and got her haircut and it was really cute. (She sent me a picture).
It has gotten so cold here. I know part of my problem is we went on that last cruise to Mexico and it was so hot. Then we returned to Alabama to find it had gotten cold while we were gone. I'm still in shock and my biggest habit to break is not grabbing my Birkies to run to the grocery store. I hate wearing shoes. I hate putting them on and I hate wearing them. Yes, drag out all the redneck jokes you can think of, because when it comes to shoes, I'd much rather be barefoot. I prefer to think of myself as not a barefoot redneck, but as a Boho hippie love goddess with bare feet. ha. Yeah right.
My housekeeper came to get some cleaning done before the holidays, and get this ya'll....she said at home she can't stand to be bored, so she cleans, for fun and to have something to do. The only time I get a bee in my bonnet about cleaning is when someone is coming, when it's so bad even my husband can't stand it, or when I'm totally upset over something. Then you will find me wiping baseboards and cleaning out drawers. Otherwise, I'm good with bored.

We had a horrible bus accident here this past week. A school bus flipped off the overpass on the interstate and landed nose first. Four high school girls were killed and many others injured. The NTSB is here doing an investigation. Horrible thing to have happen right here during the holidays (not like there is a good time.) My heart goes out to those families who lost children, and the many others who still have children in the hospital.
My son has to have surgery next Wednesday. Not anything major, just a day surgery thing, but I'm a mama and I worry, so say a prayer for him, would you?
Well, better get my butt moving for our Turkey Day. Gobble Gobble

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Love the photo of the turkey and I laughed out loud at the email from the devil's spawn.

The bus accident was horrific. It is so sad the think of those little girls in their last year of high school and now they are gone and they had their entire lives ahead of them. I hope that one day they will put seat belts on those darn buses. I have a feeling those girls would be alive if they had been strapped in.

Good news about your eye. I"m glad that is behind you and now all you have to concentrate on is looking pretty :-)

Good wishes on your son's surgery. No matter how old they get they are our babies huh?

Have a great day Saturday!