Monday, May 14, 2007

Garage Sales and Itchy Dogs


It was a three day weekend for us since my husband had Friday off, too. We went to a garage sale two doors down and bought a Broyhill sofa, a side table, and two side chairs for $35. They were in excellent condition but looked dusty, so we came home and vacuumed them and them shampooed them with the carpet steamer. Then we rearranged the living room (again!) and I love it. The couch is full size and light colored and looks sort of 80's retro, which is suppose to be funky right now, right? ha. The chairs are wing back with the lattice work on the sides. I think it really looks good in here with the color carpet and walls we have. Anyway, the price was right.

My middle son came over on Saturday. He had a project he needed to do with a power saw and didn't think he could get away with it at his apt complex, so he came over here. He brought me the whole first season of the old tv show, Beauty and the Beast (the Kathryn and Vincent one). I used to love to watch that show when my kids were little. Guess he remembered. Then my baby son called me today and my daughter sent the cutest e-card. They all got together and gave me some shopping money for the fabric store. I'm in the process of making a duvet cover for a comforter I hate. Then, if it comes out ok, I plan to make a bed skirt, pillows, and curtains. We'll see. It's black and cream oriental toile with a black stripe coordinating fabric.

I feel much better this week than I did last week, so hopefully I can get some cleaning done in the house this week. It looks like it sure could use a good dusting.

My poor little dog, Rags, has been itching himself to death. We took him to the vet for a steriod shot and that relieved it for about three weeks and then it started back. We can't afford those shots on a regular basis, and I don't much like the idea of him getting regular steriods anyway. I went online and researched non-allergenic dog foods, and found one called Nature's Balance Allergy Formula. It's a dry, which is what they are used to, and they actually like this stuff, so I hope that helps. I also bought him a medicated shampoo guaranteed to stop itching, bathed them both, dried them, and it worked magic. He seemed so much happier without the itching. Poor pooch.

I tried going to bed, but my husband has restless leg syndrome, and either he didn't take his med before we went to bed, or it didn't work but that leg jiggling was driving me freaking. I decided to get up until I get so sleepy I can drop off and not notice it as much.
My dear friend, Dawn, who is going through a divorce, had her ex come get the kids on Saturday for his visit. She called me hysterical on Sunday because the ass had his girlfriend over there, too, with the kids all weekend, and the kids all came home saying, "Daddy has a girlfriend and she is so nice." I told her it's normal to feel hurt when she thinks of him with someone else even though she may not want him herself, because after all, they were married for like thirty years.
My daughter's contractions seemed to have stopped and they are still calling it false labor but giving her the pills to stop it just in case.

My husband made spaghetti for us for dinner tonight. It was good but he burned the toast. I didn't have the heart to mention that part. I just ate around the black part. It was nice to have someone cook for me for a change.

Heard a joke...A man's mother came to visit and was surprised to find a woman living with him. She decided she should have a talk with the girl about things. She asked if she knew that she was living in sin? The girl replied she didn't believe it was a sin. The mother then took a different tactic and said, "Well, you know he'll never marry you. Why should he buy the cow when he's getting the milk for free?" The girl replied, "I thought about that, and well, I don't think I should buy the whole pig just to get a little sausage."

Well, I'm getting VEEEEDDDDYYYY sleepy.....My eyelids are getting VEDDDDYYY heavy. I feel myself falling into a deeeeeeep sleep........

1 comment:

The Tuckered One said...

Send me a picture of your new couch!