Monday, June 11, 2007

Baby is Here

My granddaughter was born on Thursday night. She is in the NICU for a diaphragmatic hernia but is doing very good. They plan to do her corrective surgery on Wed afternoon. My daughter is doing well but still has quite a bit of swelling, especially in her feet, especially after sitting all day in the NICU with the baby, but there's not way we are getting her out of there!
She's the prettiest baby I've ever seen. Yes, I know all Grandma's say that, but she really is! :-)
I am staying near the hospital and will be here probably for some time, but will update my blog as I can.
Please continue your prayers for her.
She weighed 5 lbs 8 oz and was 19 inches long. She's a cutie! I'll try to post a picture on this site soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is one of the prettiest I've ever seen also. Her head is so perfectly round and all that hair is so precious.

I heard you talking to her on the video. It was very sweet. I hope you get to cuddle her close soon.