Saturday, June 23, 2007

Stuff and Other Stuff

My husband and I came home yesterday, and are taking it easy this weekend. I made a big pot of chicken and dumplings today, and we pigged out. It was good to eat something besides hospital food. We got soooo tired of that stuff. I also went and bought some new glasses. The frames I was wearing was driving me crazy because they never fit right. I took a pair of frames I had worn before and liked, and they had them ready in an hour.
The baby is now going over her last hurdle, getting off the oxygen. She's doing great with weaning from it so far. She's eating well, gaining weight, and may get her pic line out soon. I really expect my daughter to be bringing her home soon. I won't get to see her much when she goes home, until my daughter can get out and come here. They have four cats, and cats give me asthma attacks. I will miss the baby so much! I'm so attached to her already. I am going back next week each morning, to the hospital, and drive back home at night. It's about an hour and a half each way, but we've been staying with one of my daughter's friends and I feel like we've imposed enough.
I read a couple of books while I was sitting at the hospital. One was "The Road", the Oprah bookclub one, and the other was "Magic in Ordinary Time." Both were good. Those are the first books I've finished in awhile.
Tomorrow I have to do a ton of laundry. I think everything we own is dirty. I spent most of the day today working on baby bibs and receiving blankets out of some flannel and fleece I had stored in my fabric stash, so I can take them down there on Monday.
I am so tired tonight, nothing is on tv, nothing on our TIVO. When I was a teenager, I hated sitting home on Saturday night, and sometimes I still do.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I'm so glad Claire is doing so well and hope she can be going home soon. I'm sure that the whole hospital thing is wearing everyone out.
That "family" thing with your mom, sister, and ex MIL sounds very stressful. I'm sure you are glad to have that all over with. Those kind of people aren't fun to be around.