Sunday, July 01, 2007

Baby is Home and So Are We


Our grandbaby is home from the hospital, and my daughter says she is doing well adjusting to being home. She is still on oxygen, but not a lot, and the doctors think she won't have to have it long. She's taking a lot more at a feeding, and they see the doctor tomorrow to see how her weight is doing. I haven't seen her in two days and it seems like two months.
My husband and I were cooking breakfast and started thinking about how we could see her. He reminded me of a wooden TV tray my daughter wanted to borrow to use beside her rocking chair. He said, "Do you think we could convince them to come to get it?" Then he remembered my son-in-law wanted a place to store some of his work tools he's not using right now, and our case was building! But I called and mentioned those two things and maybe they could come soon, and my son-in-law said he's trying to figure out something.
I wish I wasn't allergic to cats. I tried everything I knew to do, taking weekly shots to build up my tolerance, etc. but nothing seems to be helping with the cat thing.
We sat down last night and made up a picture album with all her pictures we have so far. We put them in an Anne Geddes book and it has a baby on the front. Really cute.
I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now that we're not spending all our time at the hospital. The carpet cleaning guy is coming tomorrow. We really need to get out and buy groceries, as we let everything run out since we weren't eating here much. I've got a lot of sewing projects in the works. I have plenty to do and just need to get motivated to do it.
I've gotten encouraging emails from many of you during the baby's hospital stay. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, even though I didn't get to answer everyone yet. I know the prayers made a big difference in how fast she recovered from her surgery and everything.
If any of you sew, I have a sewing question. I bought a jacket awhile back that is a patchwork of different batik fabrics. The jacket is too small, and I'd really like to re-work it so I can wear it. I thought of taking it apart and adding some matching fabric to it. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. (What do you think, Jessica???? )

1 comment:

The Tuckered One said...

We're coming up to see you this weekend!