Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hey, Where are the Chair Legs? Where are MY legs?


I'm always up for trying new things, and one thing my son, David, loves is a Japanese restaurant near his house. It has all types of tempura, teriyaki dishes, miso soup, sushi, and rice bowls. My daughter is here visiting with the baby, so we thought it would give she and her brother a good chance to catch up with each other if we met him for lunch. They have booths that are surrounded by privacy walls on three sides, so we thought that would be perfect, since we have the baby.

When we arrived, they said "No booths available. We have table?" I looked at my daughter, since she has all the baby equipment to balance, and she said fine. We were lead to the back room, told to take off our shoes and shown to a table in the corner. A table for four, with four seats on the floor, and a table without legs. I'm fat, my daughter is not too flexible giving she just had a baby, my son is 6 ft 5 inches barefoot. We just couldn't see how we would make that work. It was hilarious watching each other trying to get around that table. I swore if I ever got down there, I'd never get back up again. We laughed so hard. My son couldn't resist taking a picture, and even though its a terrible picture of me, I still think it was one of the funniest experiences we've had in a long time.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Those chairs are a bit strange looking. If I sit on the floor these days I have to roll over onto my hands and knees to get up. It's sad. No way would I be able to get out of that chair gracefully.

Claire looks like she is quite comfortable though. Good for her, she got the best seat in the house.