Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sitting on My Butt

I seem to be going through a very lazy period right now. I get up, shower, dress, and sit on the computer, read, or watch TV all day. I did all the laundry last Sunday. We ate out tonight for dinner. My granddaughter has gone back home. I have a lot of things I could be doing.
I'm trying to read all the Harry Potter books before the 21st. ha. I am halfway through number one. The seventh comes from Amazon then. Oh well, even if I don't read them all before the new one comes, I'll still have it to look forward to.
I keep thinking I need to update this blog but nothing really exciting is happening right now. I like to have periods like that though. My friend said it's because we've gone through all the things with the new baby being in the hospital, and now that it's over, I'm trying to recharge. Maybe. I do tend to isolate to recharge.
I wanted to start a walking program going to the mall every day. But my feet still hurt and I guess it may take awhile for them to get better even with the orthotic thingies. I don't want to push my luck. I need to lose some weight. I think menopause should be menopounds because they sure seem to be adding up lately.
My husband is on the phone with his dad. His dad walked out on him and his mom when he was sixteen. As my husband puts it, "When I have to, I take him off the shelf, deal with him, and then put him away." He didn't want to talk to him tonight but his dad keeps calling and calling, so he had to call him back to stop it. His dad and step-mom are fighting again, and they call my husband so he can listen to their arguments. Lucky him.
I think the last half of this year will surely go smoother than the first half has, although I know we've been blessed in many ways, it just seems like there's been a lot of bad luck, too.
Well, I'm feeling boring again so I'll stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you should try the Celebrity Fit Club fat smash diet. I think it works as a combination of all the beans and veggies you eat fill you up, so you eat less, and all the beans and veggies you eat make you very, um, regular, as my sister put it. Because the first time I did it, I lost 5 pounds in 9 days, and then probably gained back about 2 when I transitioned to stage 2 - although I distinctly remember eating half a bag of marshmallows one of those days.

You do have to like veggies, and lucky for me I have a whole bunch of vegetarian cookbooks back from when I was one. And David mostly eats it without complaining, so long as he has something on the table to eat he doesn't much mind.