Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Put the Christmas Tree in the Dumpster

Christmas is over. Thank God! I know that's not how we are suppose to feel at Christmas, but for a person who thinks I'm responsible for everyone having a good time, it's all just too much.
My son is here visiting, and still hasn't found a job, so he's understandable depressed--which makes him grouchy and irritable, which he takes out on everyone. He has informed me that my mother-in-law and husband both get on his last nerve, and that he never gets to spend any alone time with me because they are always around. He said he realizes if he stays living in another state, and always comes home at Christmas, this is how he will be, since she comes every year at summer and Christmas. I am driving him myself to the airport today. We are going to stop and have breakfast somewhere and just enjoy a tiny bit of talking alone.
The problem with the MIL is she has an opinion on everything, and knows everything and wants you to know that she does. Example, I was making a french toast casserole with blueberry/maple syrup topping for Christmas morning and she stood over me reading the recipe and saying, "I don't like nutmeg..Leave that out." etc. etc.
I guess I should count my blessings that she doesn't live around here. I just find it aggravating that she has never been invited to my house to spend six weeks of every year up my butt but she persists in doing it anyway. (Sorry. I'm mad.)
On a lighter note, I loved seeing my granddaughter enjoying her Christmas this year. At eighteen months, she's just now old enough to get excited over it all, and she did.
I loved seeing all three of my kids together. It's the only time of the year when they get to see each other.
Ok, enough light, back to the griping. My husband's pack-rat-ishness is a big peeve of mine. He insisted that I made a huge mistake by throwing away two rolls of wrapping paper (that each had maybe a foot of paper on them)away, and dug them out of the trash to put into our overflowing attic that is so full now we can't find anything in it. The thoughts I had should make me ashamed but they had something to do with living long enough to be a widow and being able to throw all this junk away.
Yes, I know that's bad, but now that my blog is private, I am going to tell the truth, no matter how ugly, so hang on! I do love my husband. I also loved living by myself. If I could have him living across the street, that would be perfect.
I got a new laptop. My youngest son wanted to try it out. As soon as he left, I turned it on and got Trojan Virus warnings. My other son spent all day trying to get all the bits of it off. He got rid of the virus with virus scan software but I still had some kind of worm on there (that's what he called it) that made webpages keep opening on top of the one I am looking at.
Well MIL is getting out of the shower so I better post this before she asks to read it. ha.
Hope you all had a great Christmas. I'll do a separate post on NY resolutions.

No comments: