Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Taco Soup and a Tot


I've been in a cooking mood this week. Today I made taco stew. I will post the recipe below.
Tomorrow, our new cleaning lady comes for the first time. I am going to get up early and take the dogs to the groomer so they won't be underfoot. Then I plan to go to the library and have lunch with my friend.

I'm reading Twilight. I never thought I'd like a teenage vampire book but I'm actually loving this. I sat up late last night reading in bed with my book light.

My granddaughter is getting so big. I couldn't resist posting her vacuuming photo. She looks less baby and more little girl. She is very active now in playgroups, so she's quite a social butterfly. It's hard to believe she will be two in a few months.

My husband and I celebrate our sixth anniversary the end of this month. I'm so glad I finally found a good one. There are a lot of frogs out there.

Taco Soup:
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck, browned and drained
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 cans beef broth
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
2 cups salsa
1 medium diced onion
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg Hidden Valley ranch salad dressing mix

Simmer all day in crock pot. Then add:
1 can creamed corn
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 lb Velvetta cheese, cut into chunks

Continue to simmer until cheese melts. Stir well and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a good risotto recipe. I don't even know the last time I made it, David doesn't like, and I think I made it maybe before him! Rachael Ray probably has some "mock" risotto. But probably I would go to Food Network and look what Giada or Barefoot Contessa have. Giada's will probably be more complicated than Barefoot's, but they'd probably have good ones.