Friday, March 06, 2009

Looking Forward to Spring


I sit and look at the screen, and I think I really should do a new post. What about? Let's see...What has been happening around here lately? Nothing. Well nothing interesting. Well, what is on my mind? All My Children coming on in a little while, highlight of my day since I've been sick, but no one wants to hear about that either..Hm...My life is awfully boring.

Does anyone else do that? Sometimes blogs can be so much fun, but they can also be one more thing on my "Would-a, Should-a" list to do.

Ok, I finished World Without End and The Reader. Started The Curing Season. Trying to figure out what to read next. I went to the beauty shop and that girl swears by the Twilight series, even though she's not into Vampires. So maybe I'll give that a go.

I went "inactive" on Facebook, because I was getting so much email from them everyday and I couldn't figure out how to do most of the stuff on there. Then several people actually missed me being on there, so I reactivated. I also linked my Associated Content material to it, I think, so maybe that will help my page views.

I hate daylight savings time. My internal clock does not like being tampered with. I found this in an article this morning that comfirms that it's a bad, bad idea. ha.

"There's a spike of 5% in heart attacks during the first week of daylight saving time, according to another study published last year. The loss of an hour's sleep may make people more susceptible to an attack, some experts say. When daylight saving time ends in the fall, heart attacks briefly become less frequent than usual."
See?

I'm feeling better post pneumonia, but am still weak. I get up doing things in the house and get winded and tired, but each day I'm able to do a little more.

I am a real germ phobe about motel rooms, and since I know my cross-country trip with my son may end us sleeping in some cheapo places, I decided to get a sleeping bag to lay on the bed to sleep in. I found one and had it shipped to his house. He called today and said, "Geez, it's pink and has fur. I'm glad the UPS dude didn't see it and think it was something I ordered." Hey, the price was right.

I'm still trying to pare down my packing list to only the bare essentials. I ordered three pair of yoga pants that are super comfortable to wear on the trip, so I can just take shirts to swap up. Of course, I'll have to have my Kindle and cell with their chargers. I'm still debating makeup. Who am I going to see anyway? I cut my hair so it's quick and easy to do. I want to maket his trip as easy as possible.

Our governor has decided not to accept the stimulus money for Alabama. I hope he has plenty of his own to kick in when things get worse, which they will. My youngest son is worried about losing his job. He said they are getting rid of people left and right at his station and other stations they own. We may end up with both boys back home before this is all over. I'm so glad my husband works for the government. Job security means so much right now. So does having our mortgage paid off. Still, we are thinking much more seriously about purchases. I guess that is just a sign of the times.

I miss my granddaughter. I'm going to have to take a baby day and go up for a day visit before my trip. I wrote and reminded my daughter to post more pics and video. Maybe I just need to catch them on Skype soon.

I won that writing contest back in October, and since it was more than 600, they sent us a 1099. But they didn't send it until the middle of February, which is the first time I even remembered that money, and after we had filed our taxes. So my husband is busy at the kitchen table today amended both state and federal returns. No matter what, it seems the "extra money" I earn ends up causing us tax problems of some sort, either putting him into a higher tax bracket or something. Still, when a little check comes in, I'm happy. I'm now making an average of $62 a month from Associated Content for past articles and their page views. $62 in mad money is a lot to me. Buys a lot of Kindle books, especially the .99 up to 3.99 ones. Hey, as long as I have books, I am happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$62 a month?! I make like 17 cents.

I knew you were back on Facebook b/c you asked to be David's friend. He said, 'Who is this, one of your blog friends?' I told him he didn't have to accept, and told him you were the one who sent the angel, so then he accepted.