Monday, August 31, 2009

Kicking the Kitchen



So what do you do when you know you're depressed, you don't really want to see anyone, and your medicine hasn't kicked in yet? You tear up your kitchen. You take everything out of the cabinets and drawers and pantry and you toss and reorganize. And it's AMAZING how great this job is to do. It takes away the nervous feelings with all the bending, stretching, and lifting. It gives you a real sense of accomplishment one cabinet at a time. And it is very freeing when you see the last of your "giveaway" pile being hauled off. That's what I've been doing for several days. My husband has been working (and cussing) a model he bought and wanted to put together at our kitchen table, so I've been doing the kitchen. I may even take some pictures when I get finished. It's shaping up, and just doing it makes me feel useful, which is a good feeling.
We had a nice dinner last night with my son. He came over to eat and watch tv for awhile. It was nice to see him. I think my daughter, son-in-law and grandbaby are coming down this weekend. It will be good to see them, too.
I'm down 22 pounds now. Depression does have one positive effect I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can come up here and do my kitchen. The stupid cabinets are all too high. There are seriously only about 4 that I can reach. It's annoying and makes me angry every time I need to put away the dishes.