Sunday, August 09, 2009

Say Whatttt?


I joined this thing a long time ago, online, called Girlfriend's Cafe, a social network for women to meet other women for friends. Then, as with most things I do online, I forgot all about it. One day a couple of weeks ago, I got a message that I had an email on the site, and it was from a lady in my town. She said she didn't know many people and was just looking to meet some women she could go out shopping or have lunch with. We wrote a couple of emails and talked about our kids. Then she said she didn't want to email but would prefer to talk on the phone and could she have my number. I said sure. The day she was suppose to call, I forgot all about it, and had my phone in my purse in the bedroom, so missed all three of her calls. She left messages, so the next day, I was in the car and had awhile to drive, so I called her back. She talked a long time about her husband's surgery, etc. Then she called me again Friday, but I was on my way out the door and couldn't talk. She asked if we could have lunch this week, and I told her my daughter will be here all week, and it's not good for me. After we hung up, I started thinking about it. I really didn't want to meet her, or talk to her. I honestly can't remember much she said on the phone either time. That sort of freaked me out. Was I not paying attention (I thought I was as I carried my half of the conversation for quite awhile) or am I being forgetful? Is this Alzheimer's like my dad? All this passed through my mind. Why can't I remember anything? Part of me just feels really overwhelmed, and I realized I don't want to be friends with her, because it feels like an obligation I have to take on. I know how awful that sounds, and how she'd be better off without me, because I don't think I make a very good friend.
Now I go through...is it her when she calls? Do I have to answer? Can I just put her off until she loses interest? What would she think if I admitted I don't remember anything she's told me? Am I losing it here?
I'm feeling really scattered lately- almost like PMS, but it's a little late for that. I'm antsy, my mind wanders, I sit and stare at the tv and miss whole sections of the show. I read and have to keep going back. And I feel so tired. I was taking m blood pressure medication but started feeling so weak. So my husband took my BP and it was 100/45. I stopped taking it but then started swelling up because I don't have the duiretic in it. So..some days I take it, other days I skip, and I feel wiped out.
Yes, this is a wandering rambling post, but it fits how I feel right now.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I found this post hard to read. I'm feeling the same lately...scattered and confused.

I even woke during the night last night wondering where I was and what I was doing.

The other day I googled, "pms after menopause." For the life of me that is what it feels like. Like I've gone into terminal PMS.

There has to be a hormonal connection. Either that or I'm going crazy.

Forest Lady said...

I'm sure it's hormonal. It's the same way I used to feel with major PMS when I would want to drop all my classes or cut off all my hair. But I can't take hormones, so I guess I'll try to make it through with what mind I have left, if there's any left.