Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Home Again

I got home from Seattle last Wednesday. I really enjoyed my visit. I told my husband that since all our children are in different states, we should move when he retires in four years, because there is nothing holding us here, and I'd rather be closer to kids or grandkids than here. I guess Daddy's death made me realize we need to cherish the time we have. My dad was always super-duper thrifty. He saved all his life, and he was good at making money. He didn't take vacations, or eat out at restaurants. he used a wood-stove to heat his house. he raised his own pork, beef, chicken, and eggs. Since he's gone now, my step-mom let me know that her daughter is getting all the money, now. I said she should do that if that's what she and Daddy would want. Well, my own mom is having a fit that I and my sister were cut out, and she doesn't think we should have anything else to do with my step-mom. Well, I told Mom that I wasn't going to fight over money, that I would still treat them kindly, and do what I felt was right. She is not happy at all. My dad has a farm, and supposedly that will be divided four ways, between me, my sister, my step- sister, and my step-sister's two children. But that could change too. I've always hated the buzzards circling when there is a death, but I do know that's not what Daddy would have wanted. I see the therapist tomorrow. I'm about to quit, probably at the end of this year. I'm going to discuss what her goals for therapy are, and try to wind this up. I guess she may have a different opinion. I am feeling better. Warmer weather is helping. Sunshine is helping. I am sleeping well without Ambien for the first time in nearly 15 years. I take Melatonin, no caffeine at night. I got a hearing aid, and it's nice to be able to follow conversations without missing half. So far it's been a good year. I hope you all are having a good one, too!

No comments: