Friday, September 20, 2013

September Already

My trip to Seattle was good for me. I was able to do some sewing, cooking, a lot of reading, and just chill. My son worked his regular hours when I was there, so I had my days free. On the weekends, we toured a chocolate factory, went whale watching, and saw a Mariners game.
My mother-in law's visit in July was better. I don't think she has changed, but believe the difference was me. I just don't let her bother me as much anymore. I'm not as sensitive to criticism anymore. She is talking about getting a place and moving here, and even that is ok with me.
My youngest son is getting married next month. I bought a dress. I really dread the wedding, even though I'm happy for him. Meeting her family, all the crowds and commotions, just feels overwhelming. But my daughter reminded me that I dreaded her wedding too, but got through it. I am sure this won't be as bad as the anxiety beforehand.
I stopped seeing the therapist from June to September. I needed a break from that, too. But I am doing good. I really am. I am looking forward to cooler weather, sweaters, The Fall leaves.
Curling up with some good books. I read some good ones lately. I re-read Gap Creek, then The Road To Gap Creek. I have a stack of others on the nightstand.
My son in Seattle is going to be able to get a dog. He has wanted one a long time, but his landlord said no. She finally relented. He will probably get one after the wedding next month, so he won't have to board a new pet. I am glad he will have an animal to keep him company. He grew up with a dog, so he will be a good owner.
My sister and I went to get my stepmother and we all went to the cemetery to take flowers to Daddy's grave for his birthday. Then we went to lunch. It still seems unreal that he and Mama are gone.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: