Saturday, January 29, 2005

Musings

Night Thoughts

Burrowing deeper into the mattress
I try to force consciousness away,
But it arises prematurely like the dawn
And the quietness of my mind churns awake
Unkind thoughts, like a shroud, choke and suffocate
Terrible creature, poor excuse for a human being,
An ever-growing laundry list of life errors
And the heaviness forces me to rise
No rest or forgiveness for the weary tonight
by Forest Lady




Sweet Song Soul Music

Restlessness tugs nagging at my hem,
Tense shoulders and quicker breaths,
My soul pleading for comfort.
So I reach for the soother,
Lay it across my lap and begin to strum.
And the melody floats up and twirls
Like a young girl’s skirt billowing.
I hear my deep sigh above the angel tune
My soul is at peace again
by Forest Lady



Alice and the Looking Glass

Looked into the looking glass today,
Like Alice, and it must have been her.
It wasn’t me, that face looking back
Who is she? Where did she come from?
She’s tricky. Hiding her with face cream
Just makes her wrinkles softer.
I sit down and think young girl thoughts
And wonder who the imposter is in the mirror.
by Forest Lady



No comments: