Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Menopause and Gilmore Girls

I went to dulcimer class today. If you've read any of my posts you know that this is my newest interest because I have always wanted to play an instrument, and this is suppose to be one of the easiest. My husband didn't feel like going, so I went alone. My teacher asked about a workshop we had attended over the weekend and how that instructor teaches, and I was telling him about different things we learned and how some of it was just too complicated for me to be able to do yet. Then I added that my husband held his own pretty well though. Then my teacher replied that my husband has natural talent. I took this to mean, "He has natural talent. On the other hand, you have NONE." Then later when he asked each of us to play something, I got so nervous and just felt like freaking out and I tried to play but messed up really bad on songs I've been playing at home with no sweat. We're suppose to go to a dulcimer festival this weekend and now I don't want to go because my teacher and his wife will be there.
This doesn't all hinge on his comment. I just don't think playing in a group is right for me. I think if I play at home to ease stress and for my own enjoyment that will fulfill what I wanted to do it for, in the first place.
I can't believe I let him freak me out like that.
Then I came home and watched Gilmore Girls. It's one of my very favorite shows, and Luke broke up with Lorelai and I was freaked out over that. I wonder if this is what menopause feels like.

No comments: