Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I Want to Run Away from Home!

My husband has an annoying habit of talking to the television. I know I've written about it before on here but it's really driving me nuts! He came home from work and we sat down to watch an Oprah show about the "Supernanny" and toddlers out of control and he talked to the people on tv the whole time.

Example: On tv a woman said:
"My kids are driving me crazy" so he shouts "Yeah, well who's fault is that??"
"I didn't want people to think I was a bad mother." so he says "Too late, lady!"

This continues throughout the tv shows and movies we watch and it drives me nuts. Yes, I've told him it bothers me. I've paused the tv and said, "Did you say something?" I've just walked out of the room in the middle of the show. Nothing seems to work. Sometimes I'm not sure he even realizes he does it. I can be in another room and hear him talking to the tv!

Soo.... I decided today to just let it go...and leave him to the tv and go take a bath. After all, we just had ceramic tile put around the whirlpool tub, and it looks really pretty. So I thought I should enjoy it and have a long bubblebath with candles! Well I get into the tub only to find out the hot water won't turn on. Evidently, the guys who put in the tile put the faucet back on wrong. So that was the end of the bubble bath. I called them and they're coming to fix it on Thursday or Friday.
I think I'm going to have to go back to work soon, or I'll end up saying something mean to my husband or taking a stick to the repairman. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to run away from home,becuz my step dad is driving me crazy!He's cheatin on my mom he's talkin behind my ack to his friends that he want kick me out ect.I tried to talk to my mom but she dont believe me. I dont know what to do anymore!? This is the only way I ccan get away from him,right?!?!?!

-Adrienne