Saturday, April 09, 2005

Movies, Maids and More

I found out this week that the short story I wrote that was being considered for the book coming out this fall, made it through all the cuts, and will be in the book, barring something unforseen happening between now and this fall's publication date. I will be paid for my story, will have my bio and an interview included with the story. I've been very excited about that.
Today we went to see Million Dollar Baby, which I guess everyone had already seen but us. I haven't cried that much in a movie ever and I think it was the most depressing movie I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just one of these people who thinks entertainment should have happy endings, the good guy should win, and justice should prevail. Maybe I'm just naive. But I sure was disappointed in the way the movie played out.
We're suppose to have a cleaning lady coming today. She assured me she would be here at noon. It's now 4:30 PM, and she's called twice but is not here yet. Her excuses are far fetched, and I'm getting very annoyed. I think people should tell the truth, and do what they say they will do.
You know, this venting is getting easier and easier.....I just hope I don't take it too far and become a royal you know what.....

No comments: