Thursday, April 07, 2005

Trust and Truth

I think my depression is definitely on the upswing. I went today OUT OF THE HOUSE and had a manicure and pedicure. I went to visit an old friend I let slip away years ago and had lunch with her. And I feel so much better!
I am doing a course by Iyanla Vanzant and this first two principles were putting trust in God and not in people, and Truth setting us free. I believe the main problems in my life were putting my trust in everyone BUT God. But the truth one I couldn't realize as being a spiritual principle that applied to me especially.
I decided to go visit my friend and apologize for not being there for her all this time and asked her forgiveness. I told her exactly why I had been "hibernating" and "alienating" myself, and telling the truth was hard because usually I make up excuses. But telling the honest truth was very liberating. So I guess the truth really does set us free. I can't wait to see what the rest of this course holds. My friend forgave me and we had such a nice time, telling each other the truth.

No comments: