Friday, April 22, 2005

TGIF!

Well I've made it a whole week on a very low sodium diet. I've tried some very good recipes from a favorite website . My husband and son are eating the same things I cook for me. My husband has high blood pressure so it won't hurt him any. The thing I miss most is being able to eat out and enjoy some of my favorite restaurants. We are planning a trip to Panama City Beach in May. I have no idea how I'll do this on vacation! I don't want to be a real pain to the others with me. And some days I get so tired of cooking.
On the bright side, the pressure in my ear is better. After three bad days of earth spinning, it's finally stopped. I actually think I am hearing better, but that may be wishful thinking on my part. I guess I'll find out when I go back to the doctor.
It's funny, now thinking back, I've blamed dizziness on so many other things, mostly medications. I can't take this pill. It makes me feel bad, etc. etc. And I'm really surprised as how much difference this new diet has made.
The lawn people are here working in my flower beds. I can't wait to see them when they are done.
I saw the counselor this week. I stayed for almost two hours and she says we've had a major breakthrough. I sure learned a lot about myself. It's amazing the more you learn about yourself, the more things make sense.

No comments: